Saturday, May 5, 2007

Physiotherapy


Finally i had to switch from the chinese doctor and go back to the "good old western way".
I have seen an Orthopaedic Surgent. (some doctors, "famous for bones") Finally someone is patient to listen to the patient.

Luckily, my case is pretty bad, but not serious to the point that it's gonna be forever. I just need to do some physiotherapy for a few times. Again, i hope, my insurance is going to cover it. those are not really expensive, anyway.

I always thought that physhotherapy is that in a room (like a ballet practicing room) there are some soft mattress and some fitness balloons on the floor and people roll their body on top of it, or, some kind of rail that a person need to hold on and walk 2 meters per minute. i was wrong. it was a small room. 2 beds inside and a few strange machines, that's it. it's less than 80 sq. feet!

I had to do 2 things, one is ultrasonic therapy - some blue gel spread over my knee and a nurse using an ultrasonic device circling or massaging over my knee cap. it's like what people do when they are checking their babies in their womb. this time it's not a camera but just something to make my bruised and swollen "soft bones" inside my knee heal more quickly, and ease my pain.

The second thing is a strange machine and it has 4 stuff to cup around my knee. they sucks. literally. they suck my skin and created a little bit of vacuum, and then they release some electricity to activate my muscles... my muscles were twitching in a rhythm for about 15 minutes! it was a weird experience.

I do hope this really works. i want to climb mountains and do all these sports again!

No comments: